Saturday, August 16, 2008

ego technique - How to Work Better by Fischli/Weiss (1991)� ...

ego technique - How to Work Better by Fischli/Weiss (1991): "“Taped to the wall of my studio is an A4 photocopy of a short ten-point manifesto by Fischli/Weiss entitled “How to work better”. I don’t know who put it there, but it has been in place for at least three years."How to Work Better by Fischli/Weiss (1991)  “Taped to the wall of my studio is an A4 photocopy of a short ten-point manifesto by Fischli/Weiss entitled “How to work better”. I don’t know who put it there, but it has been in place for at least three years. It’s a tongue-in-cheek work using a motivational statement, which is a piece of found text they subsequently enlarged and had painted on the exterior of a building as part of a public commission. I sometimes show it to students at the beginning of slide lectures, and always point it out to assistants who come to the studio. I like it quite simply because it acknowledges their awareness of the idea of practice rather than production”.  (Ryan Gander, from Dexter Sinister Library) ________________________________________________________________________________