Thursday, January 31, 2008
Toad World > Community > Experts' Blog - Error Management functions and features for PL/SQL Developers
You can find it in the call stack returned by dbms_utility.format_call_stack."
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Danga Interactive developed memcached to enhance the speed of LiveJournal.com, a site which was already doing 20 million dynamic page views per day for 1 million users with a bunch of webservers and a bunch of database servers. memcached dropped the database load to almost nothing, yielding faster page load times for users, better resource utilization, and faster access to the databases on a memcache miss."
Friday, January 25, 2008
Why use Amazon S3? Instead of spending money on servers or external hard drives, paying money to connect those machines to the network (or paying co-location fees), and then paying more money to secure, maintain, and update those servers, you can pay a fraction of that money for a high-bandwidth, high-reliability service provided by Amazon."
|Purge||Look into (Web)||Gather|
Get the distinction? Most all of those big verbs can and should be uncorked to reveal that they contain nothing but dozens of smaller verbs. And those little fellas are your physical next actions. That’s your work."
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity Summary - WikiSummaries, free book summaries
Thursday, January 24, 2008
1. edit /Applications/iSync.app/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/PlugIns/PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin/Contents/Resources/MetaClasses.plist
2. Find the entry for the Nokia 6111.
3. Copy this entry and s/6111/6126/.
"While trying to get my Nokia 6126 to work with iSync (it is not supported at the time of writing) I came across some info at chromewalker.com about getting a 6131 to work. Since the 6126 is essentially a 6131 but for North America, I gave it a try and it worked.
- Make sure iSync is not running, and un-pair the phone from your Bluetooth preferences.
- Go to your applications folder and right click on the iSync application.
- Click on 'Show Package Contents'
- Navigate to Contents -> Plugins -> ApplePhoneConduit.Syncdevice -> Contents-> Plugins -> PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin -> Contents -> Resources
- Within this last folder there will be a file called Metaclasses.plist
- Copy this file and rename it something like Metaclasses.plist.bkp, if you do not know how to do this, you shouldn't even be trying this.
- Once you have made a backup of the file, open the original file in a text editor and do a search for the Nokia 6111. When you find it, you will see that it is a Series 40 v3 device.
- Look at all the stuff that precedes it and follows it and make sure to copy only the stuff that pertains to the Nokia 6111 and copy/paste it right below it. This will give you two Nokia 6111's in a row. Then on the second Nokia 6111 change every instance of the 6111 with a 6126 and save the file.
- Pair the phone with your mac, and then launch isync.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
The problem with "logic" is that it makes things out to be nothing but simple dualities. Proponents of logic want us to believe that everything is true or false, black or white, yes or no, paper or plastic, etc. Thankfully, there are some among us, like Mark Harrison's colleague, who are not afraid to stand up to these logic advocates and shout "no, I will not succumb to your false dichotomies!" Today, I think we all should salute those few brave people ...
Sex, Science & Profits: How People Evolved to Make Money by Terence Kealey review | Non-fiction book reviews - Times Online
The case of the cannabis cultivators is characteristic of the irreverence and eclecticism that make Sex, Science & Profits such an absorbing read. The author, who is a clinical biochemist at the University of Buckingham, seeks to demolish the myth that the advancement of scientific learning depends in any way on government intervention."
Free for commercial use, including PlayStation 3, Open Source multiplatform C under the ZLib License.
Discrete and continuous collision detection, integrated into Blender 3D and COLLADA 1.4 Physics tools support."
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Well, now it can be told, and you are quite familiar with the names of these sinister people. The retired naval man was Robert A. Heinlein. His Philadelphia Navy Yard associate, the former Columbia man, was Isaac Asimov. The one who sent the copper to Asimov and never got it back was Will F. Jenkins, who wrote science fiction under the pseudonym of Murray Leinster. The blanked-out magazine was Astounding, and the other writer working at the Navy Yard with Heinlein and Asimov was L. Sprague de Camp."
Friday, January 18, 2008
"Here is an example of a simple block:
2 v_line varchar2(40);
4 v_line := 'Hello World';
5 dbms_output.put_line (v_line);
Thursday, January 17, 2008
"I want to draw a few general lessons from the story of the symmetrical percentages, and specifically from the amount of attention that these percentages got from traditional press outlets, blogs, and online news sources.
- Lesson 1: The Internet is full of people who have four things that make them dangerous, both to would-be election fraudsters and (paradoxically) to the larger cause of election integrity: computers, intermediate math skills, a mix of patriotic and entrepreneurial zeal, and the ability to publish in the blink of an eye. When you add a stream of evolving vote tallies to this mix and shake vigorously, the resulting concoction will produce lots and lots of foam. (Some of that foam may look just like the Virgin Mary for a bit, so you can get on the evening news with it if you're quick enough. But I'm getting ahead of myself.)
- Lesson 2: The larger the cloud of numbers and statistical analyses grows, the less inclined reporters will be to actually download a spreadsheet and tackle the data themselves. They're just going to report what this or that group has uncovered, especially if it's juicy.
- Lesson 3: The e-voting activism world is an odd mix of patriotism, territorialism, and old-fashioned entrepreneurism. Basically, everyone is racing to find that remarkable scoop that's going to get them quoted on CNN."
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
This list of classic books is the result of a poll ACM conducted where members named their favorite computer science books.We plan to make the full text available online to members as we obtain permissions from authors to display each book. We hope you enjoy the books in this Classic Books series!"
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
'It's estimated there is about 22 billion cubic feet left in the reserve last year, and last year we sold about 2.1 billion cubic feet,' Stuart said. 'When you consider the reserve supplies 45 percent of all U.S. supplies and about one-third worldwide, that's significant.'"
Saturday, January 12, 2008
To demonstrate that, I'll write a web service in one line:
int sv__add(int a, int b, int * result);"
Thursday, January 10, 2008
WebUrbanist � 7 Unusually Geeky Street Graffiti Projects: From Digitized Spray-Painting to Physical Hyperlinking
Meaning of "Object-Oriented Programming" According to Dr. Alan Kay (meaning of OOP objectoriented definition term notion meaning explanation what is)
the design for the ARPAnet, the Burroughs B5000, and my background in Biology and Mathematics, I thought of an architecture for programming. It was probably in 1967 when someone asked me what I was doing, and I said: 'It's object-oriented programming'."
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Video Fabrication d'une lampe triode - triode, tube, radio, radioamateur, fabrication - Dailymotion Share Your Videos
Si vous souhaitez en savoir plus, visitez son site web personnel : http://paillard.claude.free.fr"
Monday, January 07, 2008
Sunday, January 06, 2008
"The data dictionary views, also known as catalog views, let you monitor the state of the database in real time:
* The USER, ALL, and DBA views show information about schema objects that are accessible to you, at different levels of privilege.
* The V$ views show performance-related information.
* The _PRIVS views show privilege information for different combinations of users, roles, and objects."
At Yahoo! Research, JASMINE NOVAK has been running data analysis to identify when a search term becomes very popular, or 'bursts.' Sharing this data with us, we did reverse IP lookup on the addresses in the data and plotted the patterns of activities as a particle system. Here, in a time-lapse animation, particles show queries from each location worldwide. Visualized are searches for 'miss teen usa' (related to this video), 'cricket' (world playoffs) 'mattel' (recalls of toys with lead paint), and a close up on the Gulf of Mexico for 'hurricane felix'."
Saturday, January 05, 2008
on your desk: anything that is not:
represents a commitment
matrix of self-management
crazy master &
^ maker commander
tive reactor micro
Friday, January 04, 2008
Thursday, January 03, 2008
All speeds are for the wind at 10 meters above the surface elevation and directions are from true north."