1-1/4 oz. pkg. Yeast
1 c. warm milk
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/3 c. melted butter (do not subsititue margarine- blech!)
1 t. salt
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 TBS. cinnamon
1/3 c. butter
8 TBS. butter, softened
1-1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1/4 c. (2 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 t. real vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt
Rolls: Oven to 400 F.
(1) Disolve yeast in milk.
(2) Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, flour. Mix well.
(3) Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead into a large ball. Cover; let rise 1 hour.
(4) Roll dough into a 21' x 16' wide rectangle. Load 'er up with the filling (see below).
(5) Roll from long-side to short-side. Pinch the ends.
(6) Using very sharp knife (I prefer a serated one) cut into 1 inch wide rolls, making sixteen. If want fewer, bigger rolls, cut them wider.
(6) Grease your preferred baking pan (I like mine to be all squished up next to the other)- I generally use an 11'x 13' pan. Then place rolls in pan and into oven.
(8) Bake until the rolls are slightly browned and not doughy. This will vary according to your oven. Just don't overbake.
(9) When done, take 'em out and cover them in the delicious icing.
(1)Soften butter, so that it is spreadable.
(2) After dough has been rolled out to the gigantic rectangle, spread the softened butter all over.
(3) Sprinkle brown sugar over entire buttered rectangle. Use more if you like more.
(4) Now sprinkle the cinnamon over the now sugary, buttery, doughy, rectangle.
Cream it all together with an electric mixer. Spread on hot rolls.